04 January 2011

an appetizer

I've spent the last week and a half dog-sitting for the Rogers (Minnesotan friends that the Hoiseths met in Malaysia) and generally bumming around Tokyo.  It has been great, and aside from my Christmas night run-in with Tokyo's Finest, extremely relaxing.  The Rogers came back on the 1st from their trip to Kenya, and though I was worried that it was going to be awkward having me staying around as they settled back in, it has been wonderful.  In fact, I'm not sure why I expected anything else.  Hanging around the house with a Minnesotan family, even though they aren't mine, has felt like home, and I'm a little sad to go to my hostel tomorrow.  That said, my hostel looks gorgeous, and it will be nice to be in the historical area of town for some temple and museum haunting before The Inevitable Return.  Though I don't have time to get into any stories yet (Aaron is letting me tag along to Costco tomorrow morning!), here are a few pictures of my trip thus far.

Reminder: you can click on them to make them bigger

 


 


3 comments:

Maggie's Mom said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

Adriana said...

I miss you and I missed your blog! Now I'm back on it, so never fear. Next time we talk I'll be able to recite all of your adventures right back at you.

Maggie said...

Adri, I'm glad you are back! Also, apologies that I generally suck at keeping in touch. Hope your first semester as Ms. Rewald was fabulous.