07 September 2009

The Internet Fairy

I just wanted to give you all a quick update to let you know that I have neither been stung to death by a jellyfish while skinny dipping nor fallen into a gaijin trap. I haven't been crushed by a kiriko, and I haven't even gotten swine flu yet. I may, however, be thrown into jail for attempted murder if the Internet Fairy continues to be the coy minx that I now know to be her true self. Honestly, in a country where tv comes standard on cell phones and a cute pink kitty can take over a national psyche, why can't I get Internet! Bah, so until the happy day finally occurs, updates may be few and far between. When I had nothing to do at work but pretend I was doing something, life was good and Internet was plentiful. I am now dealing with overworked teachers and 1,700 Japanese middle schoolers in addition to trying to make enough friends that when winter comes I will not be left to mold in my apartment on Saturday nights. Thus far, I would say that I am succeeding on both accounts. Now if only I knew how to get me some internets...

More on festivals, Peter Rabbit, and hippies later.

No comments: